Re: -publicity instruction for Debian Developers

On Tue, 04 May 2010, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > However, during the publicity BoF at DC9, there was also the
> > proposal (IIRC by sledge), to introduce a kind of "delayed
> > moderation" to debian-devel-announce.  It seems we never opened a
> > bug report for that, so I do so now:
>
> Yup, I noticed that too, and FWIW I liked the idea. It can be a useful
> "countermeasure" to avoid misuse of d-d-a.

I think it's rather useless bureaucracy. Most stuff that goes on
-devel-announce is not off-topic and I like the fact that the mail goes
out immediately (for instance when I send the developers news and
that I want the link to the archive immediately to update the wiki page).

I think the press team should make an announcment that they are alive and
kicking and that they can help other DD reach an even wider audience for
their announces if they cooperate with them. And in that announce you put
the guidelines you just wrote.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog