Re: Preliminary documentation for debian-project-news

El vie, 26-03-2010 a las 14:36 +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl
escribió:
> Fernando C. Estrada schrieb:
>
> > Great Alexander, it is very useful. I guess it's important to (update)
> > document and translate this info (and the following) in the Wiki, what
> > do you think?
>
> I completely agree :)
>
> If I'm not mistake, I just update / removed obsolete all wiki pages, namely:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews
> http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/Workflow
> http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/HowToContribute and
> http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/Guidelines
>
> Please read them, improve them and if something is unclear / incomplete
> tell me.

I read them and I couldn't find anything important to fix, only a pair
of typos and minor improvements.

> > But with this structure I don't know how to translate the main page,
> > maybe using something like
> > http://wiki.debian.org/NoticiasDelProyecto
> > or
> > http://wiki.debian.org/es/ProjectNews
>
> I think the later one is the correct way.  At least there are already
> several files using that style.

I follow your advice and create the Spanish structure in:

http://wiki.debian.org/es/ProjectNews
http://wiki.debian.org/es/ProjectNews/HowToContribute
http://wiki.debian.org/es/ProjectNews/Guidelines
http://wiki.debian.org/es/ProjectNews/Workflow

At the moment only the first page is translated :(, but I'm going to
translate the others in the following days.

Is it possible to subscribe the mailing list to the Wiki? In this way
when the wiki has a modification all in the team know it, review it and
interested people translate it.

> Things that need to be done:
>   * Send a new announcement to the debian-devel-announce mailing list
> and other channels

Before this, I suggest to contact the I18N team to define with us the
L10N issues (as time to translate, involve L10N people, and more).

>   * Update webpage

You did it :)

>   * Agree on timeline

Every 2 weeks is fine for me too.

>   * Coordinate who follows which mailing lists / media

I don't understand this, could you explain it please?

>   * Maybe set up a mailing list aggregating all kind of news via
>     rss2mail?

I don't understand this too, could you explain it please?

> My best idea about the timeline would be to stay with a bi-weekyl
> schedule, freeze on Friday and send it out on Monday.  So native
> speakers can review it the whole weekend and translators have time to
> polish their translations, too.  Any former translators reading here?
> Would that be okay?
>
> Honestly speaking, I barely know who's able to send mails to the
> language specific -news lists; maybe we should get the -i18 people
> involved here, too.

I can help with the Spanish translation, and the time it's fine for me,
but as I mentioned in the ToDo list, I think it's important to involve
the I18N & L10N teams as soon as possible.

> I guess I'll now look through the stuff at
> http://www.debian.org/News/project/ update that and point to the wiki
> where appropriate.

Best Regards!
--