Re: Preliminary documentation for debian-project-news

Hi!

Fernando C. Estrada schrieb:

Great Alexander, it is very useful. I guess it's important to (update)
document and translate this info (and the following) in the Wiki, what
do you think?

I completely agree :)

If I'm not mistake, I just update / removed obsolete all wiki pages, namely:

http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews
http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/Workflow
http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/HowToContribute and
http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/Guidelines

Please read them, improve them and if something is unclear / incomplete tell me.

But with this structure I don't know how to translate the main page,
maybe using something like
http://wiki.debian.org/NoticiasDelProyecto
or
http://wiki.debian.org/es/ProjectNews

I think the later one is the correct way. At least there are already several files using that style.

Things that need to be done:
* Send a new announcement to the debian-devel-announce mailing list and other channels
 * Update webpage
 * Agree on timeline
 * Coordinate who follows which mailing lists / media
 * Maybe set up a mailing list aggregating all kind of news via
   rss2mail?

My best idea about the timeline would be to stay with a bi-weekyl schedule, freeze on Friday and send it out on Monday. So native speakers can review it the whole weekend and translators have time to polish their translations, too. Any former translators reading here? Would that be okay?

Honestly speaking, I barely know who's able to send mails to the language specific -news lists; maybe we should get the -i18 people involved here, too.

I guess I'll now look through the stuff at http://www.debian.org/News/project/ update that and point to the wiki where appropriate.

Best regards,
  Alexander