Re: [Debconf-team] After DebConf Press release?

also sprach Joey Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2008.08.20.1116 +0200]:
> > Look, I have no interest in fighting or loaded debates. I gather
> > from your email that the Debian press team should and will cover dc9
> > in Extremadura, which I would appreciate a lot since I never liked
> > the duplication. Can we agree on that?
>
> Please see what I wrote.

Dude... "I'm happy to work together with whoever provides proper
information for a potential press release" - you know just as well
as I do that that basically means you want a complete press release,
in which case I can just as well send it out myself. The benefits
of that are faster translation and better local contacts.

Of course, I would prefer not to do it that way, but if the only
alternative is to "cooperate with you" (i.e. I do all the work to
get a press release that is redacted without my/our consent), then
I am not interested.

If instead the Debian press team would decide to send someone to
DebConf to cover the event, that would be something else.

> > We'll try to make the after-dc8 release happen this week.
> >
> > On a related note (since you initially complained that sponsors have
> > no place in the press release), do look at
> > http://www.debian.org/News/2005/20050724.
>
> Please read again what I wrote.

"Press releases are an advertising platform for the Debian project
and not for third parties."

"sobald man über niveau spricht
 ist man längst darüber hinweg."
                                                      -- thomas krafft