Re: [Debconf-team] After DebConf Press release?

also sprach Joey Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2008.08.20.1004 +0200]:
> Press releases are an advertising platform for the Debian project and
> not for third parties.

Press releases are not an advertising platform, and we are also not
talking about Debian here. We are talking about DebConf. If you
don't like the distinction, well, noone does. I never understood why
I have to coordinate a separate press "team" for DebConf,
duplicating resources and infrastructure.

> An unrelated note: Last year(s) we failed to properly handle and
> announce the results of GSoC, since the end is in 2 months
> approximately, this may be something worth to work on in advance.

Again, this is Debian, not DebConf. Unless you are ready to fuse
press work for both, please keep debconf-team out of this.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team; press officer

"die philosophie ist eine art rache an der wirklichkeit."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche