Re: [DRAFT for REVIEW] The Debian Project improves its NewMaintainer process

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:56:23AM -0300, Andre Felipe Machado wrote:
> The draft is not for DDs, please remember.

Hrm, and here we disagree I guess.  I always considered the target
audience of times.debian.net to be Debian developers, Debian users and
people generally interested in Debian, but not necessary unrelated
journalists.  Those rather monito the debian-news, debian-announce and
(to a lesser extent maybe) debian-devel-announce mailing lists.

I think that some of the stories we see on times.debian.net (and mostly
those which you pushed, thanks a lot for that again) should rather be on
debian-news (and then mirrored on times.debian.net, as are DWN/DPN and
other news), but so far debian-news is underused by the press team and
it is not clear which direction the new publicity team is going to take
in this regard, if any.  But using times.debian.net as an alternative
channel for press releases looks wrong to me, I consider it to be more
like Ubuntu's fridge.  But maybe the other times.d.n editors disagree
with me, and I am the only one with this concern.

Michael