Re: Fortunes-off - do we need this as a package for Bookworm?

On Sun, Nov 20, 2022 at 07:58:38PM -0600, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> At 2022-11-20T23:55:52+0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> > >As it was an NMU, this should be easily rectified.
> > >Don't let cancel culture win.
> >
> > Are you volunteering to pick up the package and review its contents,
> > removing the worst stuff that is clearly *not* fit for us to publish?
>
> You adopt the aspect of Mephistopheles, sir.  Alas, I have limited time
> and a more preferred vehicle through which I would return to package
> maintainership in main (if I don't try Colin Watson's patience).

[...]

You had a point, Branden (I had to cringe at the onslaught of
the "cancel culture" jingle in the answers, though).

You seem to prefer to dissipate the point you had instead of
accepting a collaboration offer. In a very eloquent and even
entertaining way, but alas, effectively nonetheless.

I'd agree that the quotes you presented don't seem to deserve
to be thrown out. But the path this is taking seems more
appropriate to set off a "culture war" worthy of... twitter
than to produce any result.

So: propose a sketch of a curation process some people can
agree on. That's the challenge.

Cheers