Re: Fortunes-off - do we need this as a package for Bookworm?

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 12:07:53AM +0100, Michael Neuffer wrote:
>Am 20. November 2022 23:04:05 MEZ schrieb Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org>:

>>> I can only very much agree to this.
>>
>>I also wholly agree, alas it seems we already lost before this even
>>started :(
>>
>>https://tracker.debian.org/news/1385116/accepted-fortune-mod-11991-72-source-amd64-all-into-unstable/
>>

>As it was an NMU, this should be easily rectified.
>Don't let cancel culture win.

Are you volunteering to pick up the package and review its contents,
removing the worst stuff that is clearly *not* fit for us to publish?
In its previous state it included:

 * content that is downright illegal in many jurisdictions
 * content that is impossible to justify against Debian's stated
   values

so simply undoing the NMU here is clearly not an acceptable route
forward.

< Aardvark> I dislike C++ to start with. C++11 just seems to be
            handing rope-creating factories for users to hang multiple
            instances of themselves.