Re: We need to define a path for Debian to climate neutrality

Hi. I do share your worry and your overall sentiment, but:

Julian Andres Klode <jak@debian.org> writes:

> For example, people could be encouraged to batch bug fixes into larger
> uploads rather than uploading them immediately, use compression
> algorithms that emit less CO2.

I suspect that if every DD who spent any extra time doing this batching
instead worked those extra minutes at $dayjob and donated one percent of
their extra income to the right place would do more to mitigate climate
change. Or if they just distracted someone in the street and had them
stop streaming TikTok for a mere second :-)

I really don't mean to criticize a well-meaning desire to do something
about a terrible problem, but I think we must be vary of approaches that
fiddle with the margins of the problem instead of making real strides.

Just my two øre.

 Best,
 Gard