Re: We need to define a path for Debian to climate neutrality

On Fri, 2022-04-08 at 20:35 +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:

> Budget: We need to determine our current CO2 emissions as a project,
> and then define a roadmap to carbon neutrality by an acceptable date,

I would be wary of the legitimacy and effectiveness of carbon offset
products. In Australia the carbon credit/offset scheme was recently
revealed to be fraudulent in many cases and I would not be surprised if
it were found to be similar in other countries. I think a better path
would be to work on transitioning our energy usage to renewable sources
and reducing our energy requirements.

--
bye,
pabs