Re: Banning Norbert Preining from planet.d.o

Am 23.03.2022 um 09:03 schrieb Martin Steigerwald <martin@lichtvoll.de>:

>> So I leave it at stating my disagreement. I hope this much is still
>> allowed here.
[...]
> I consider large parts of Debian to be a toxic environment to me, where
> I always have to fear being attacked for just expressing my point of
> view. And I disagree with double standards. Some may express their point
> of view without being attacked, others may not. Regardless of whether
> their language is respectful or not. At least that has been my
> experience in the last years.

Same over here. I also think that Debian as a project has become very toxic.

It became exactly what it tried to prevent by all those initiatives that started like 10 years ago, like Code of Conduct etc.

I see many old DDs became inactive or stepped down as a DD in the past years, yet not many new DDs joining or being as active as the old DDs been in the past. But this could also a misinterpretation of mine. Mailing lists seem to be really quiet compared to older times, traffic on IRC is also far less traffic than it used to be. Maybe communication shifted to other media or maybe DDs are more silent because they fear to be punished in some way or another for what they say.

--
Ciao...          //    Web: http://blog.windfluechter.net
      Ingo     \X/     XMPP/Jabber:       ij@jhookipa.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc