Re: Abusive language on Debian lists

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 06:08:23AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

[...]

> But I think a blanket prohibition would be harmful:

Yes, I think mutilating language could also miss the mark. That
doesn't mean that I think language doesn't matter at all (I think
it does, very much!), and sometimes marking some words as "problematic"
might be, IMHO a good idea. But the aim is rather to raise awarenes --
each time I issue some "@#%$*!&", I hope I think "could this hurt
someone?" and behave accordingly.

So the main goal should to (try to) walk in other people's shoes.
Or something.

Cheers
 - t