Re: Abusive language on Debian lists

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I think the blanket prohibition of profanity in the list code of
> conduct is outdated and harmful.

That's (as it states) a historical holdover: "some people receive the
lists via packet radio, where swearing is illegal."

I can't recall a case of listmaster@ actually enforcing the prohibition
of profanity, and I'm unaware of anyone actually using packet radio for
receiving listmail anymore. [If they are, I really hope it's encrypted.]

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

Vimes hated and despised the privileges of rank, but they had this to
be said for them: At least they meant that you could hate and despise
them in comfort.
 -- Terry Pratchett _The Fifth Elephant_ p111