Re: Tone policing by a member of the community team [Was, Re: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board]

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 01:28:45 +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:

> On Wed, 2021-04-07 at 21:38 +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > I wonder, though -- do we have a Nazi anywhere in the project?  Could you
> > point to one?
> Although I really prefer not to have them in the project, its is not the
> Debian project's task to rule about political believs, opinions, religions,
> fetishes and whatever else.

I agree to a certain degree; as far as we talk about opinions or
beliefs, but (leftist slogan:) "fascism is not an opinion, it's a
crime" or (more verbose): I don't want to be in the same community as
people who deny other people their basic human dignity or (more
direct) who don't consider others as humans and want to kill them or
see them dead. And that's what Nationalsozialismus and facism is
about. [0]

Cheers,
gregor

[0] It gets a bit more complicated when differentiating between
"classic" Nazis and neo-nazis and old Italian fascists and
neo-facists and national conservatives and the (old) "Nouvelle
Droite" and the "Neue Rechte" and the "Identitäre" and all kinds of
right-wing extremists and right-wing populist and "autoritärer
Nationalradikalismus" … But in the end it boils down to the
"Ideologie der Ungleicheit", i.e. the belief that some people are
more valuable than others.

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe