Re: Debian should not engage in politics and stay neutral [was: This is not the direction that will lead to hearing each other]

On 4/9/21 11:48 PM, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2021 at 02:11:11PM -0400, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
>> [...]
>
> [...]
>
> cu
> Adrian

I was about to reply, but Adrian and Iustin more or less wrote what I
would have (and I don't want to repeat in a different manner).

On 4/10/21 12:02 AM, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Microsoft catalyzed the democratization of the Internet by
> contributing to the boom of low-cost commodity PCs; and without
> the rise of the Internet, the Free Software movement would not
> have taken off.

The first computer I used to connect to Internet was an Atari Falcon
using MiNT (Mint Is Not/Now Tos, not the Linux distro), which was also
my first Unix computer. Without Microsoft, I probably would still be
running an Atari compatible machine.

At the time I had:
- CAB as a web browser
- Virtual tty (ALT - F1 to F9, F10 being the AES desktop)
- a nice mail client (was it named OMail ?)
- GCC 2.x running on minixfs

:)

For my own case, I have been driven to Linux because Windows was so much
a bad product, and hated it compared to my previous Atari running MiNT,
which was already running a big chunk of its OS with free software.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)