Re: Testing Discourse for Debian

Le Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 12:47:06PM +0200, Ansgar a écrit :

> >From my tries with Discourse, it just silently stripped all quotes out
> from the reply.

Hello everybody,

as we discuss about proper quoting, I would like to take the opportunity
of Ansgar's email to note that each time a line starts with "From" in a
plain text email, something in the pipeline that delivers emails (at
least to me) inserts a ">" sign, which is then misinterpreted as a
quotation character.  See above…

In that sense, the syntax for quotes in Discourse is perhaps better.  If
mutt would learn to color them in green, that would be enough for me.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy