Re: Testing Discourse for Debian - Moderation concepts

On 2020-04-15 08:56, Neil McGovern wrote:
> Could I point out that the email program you wrote this message in is
> doing the same?

Could you elaborate on that? Ansgar seems to use
(While I'm using mutt.) How do such UAs track reading behaviour?

> Quoting does work in most circumstances. Could you explain what
> additional funtionality is missing?

Speeking for myself, I find the email support in Discourse poor,
to the point, that I would not advertise it. It is useful for
notifications, but by far not en par with the web UI.

After reading more about Discourses many features ("likes"...),
this is completely understandable that one cannot mimic one
medium via the other. Trying so, will lead only to frustration.

Btw. do you know by accident, how I can "lurk" in Discourse via
email? E.g. Let's say, I'm subscribed to debian-project, but
only to know what is going on. Can I subscribe to a "category"?

Cheers