Re: [Summary] Discourse for Debian

On 2020-04-15 at 04:05, Neil McGovern wrote:

> I'm just going to correct things that are factually incorrect here,
> rather than label them as pros/cons. I feel a number of things you
> have put in the cons column are advantages.

I am surprised. Reviewing Ihor's post after Sam's response, with the
idea of objectivity and the suggestion that people might disagree about
which are pros and which are cons in my mind, I found it hard to see how
nearly any of the listed cons were anything which someone (assuming
non-malicious, which should go without saying) could possibly classify
as a pro; reviewing it again, now, still the only ones I can see as
perhaps qualifying from some perspectives are maybe a couple of the
points from the "privacy" sub-category.

Would you be willing to list out which points it is from the given
"cons" category which you see as positives?

(I also don't see how any of the listed pros could possibly be seen as a
con, for what that's worth.)

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 01:31:56PM -0700, Ihor Antonov wrote:

>> - achievements/badges/other gamification of the process
>> - trust levels are revoked if you don't use web interface often
>> enough to maintain current trust level
>
> These are based on the default configuration and can be changed to
> suit Debian's needs

I'm glad to learn that, at least.

--
   The Wanderer