Re: Request to Mini DebConf Montreal Organizers: Fight Israel not the DC20 Team

On 2020/02/19 21:04, Sam Hartman wrote:
> Then we miss an opportunity for the Montreal organizers to clearly and
> unambiguously say to the world and Debian their fight is with the
> government of Israel not with the DC20 volunteers.
> I end up more disappointed in the world.
> Others in the project feel whatever they feel.

But why? The MiniDCMTL team never made any negative comments about the
DC20 team, no criticism whatsoever, no negative energy, so why are you
framing it in such a way as if they have? In fact there's some overlap
in video team between members of both, and these people generally get
along great, at a dinner during FOSDEM one of the prominent DC20 local
team members caught us up a bit about what's going on with the elections
in Israel and it was nice to openly talk about it. You make it sound
like the MiniDCMTL team have some kind of vendetta or that they're
creating some form of competition here and it's nothing like that.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage