Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

* Vincent Bernat:

> Because without uniformity, we make it harder for people to contribute.
> I have already mentioned Fedora that provides everything in git with CI
> enabled, ability to contribute with pull requests, but that's far the
> only proponent.

Fedora still uses VCS-in-VCS, so it's not real Git.  You cannot simply
send a pull request for anything that changes source code.  You still
have to create a patch file and add it to the RPM spec file.  Some
package maintainers have their true repositories elsewhere and
synthesize the patches from that, but there's no standard way of doing
that yet.  (packit is not yet integrated with Fedora infrastructure,
and it is quite new.  It's unclear if it will fare better than the
many previous attempts.)