Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

On 7/24/19 6:31 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:
> So be it, but don't put *your* bothering onto others. I am bothered by a
> lot of things, too, and I don't ask you to be bothered the same way.

Even if you dismiss Github, replace it by $foo, and explain to me why I
should register there because you call it $home? Do you expect your
peers in Debian to register as many accounts as there's Git-aaS
platforms in this world?

Look what's been done on other distributions. Nobody else does like us,
because it simply doesn't make sense at all. It's currently a huge mess.
My suggestion is to fix it, once and for all.

Thomas