Re: Debian supports pridemonth?

On 2019/07/02 11:26, Marc Haber wrote:
> I do feel significantly less welcome in Debian since diversity /
> antiharassment / policitcal correctnes / CoC came around the corner.

How so regarding diversity/antiharassment/CoC? They do nothing to
threaten or downgrade the importance of any Debian contributor.

> I do feel that Debian has lost its goal of creating superior technology
> for just being the umpteenth organization that cares more about
> supporting minorities.

Technical excellence and inclusion aren't opposing points on a slider,
in fact, they walk hand in hand. Being inclusive is also not about
'supporting minorities' as some would like to allude. Many different
kinds of bad people are also minorities and we don't care about those.
The idea behind things like our diversity statement is to let
marginalized people know that they are welcome in the project and if
something or someone gives them the opposite impression, then they can
be assured that it doesn't reflect the views of the project.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage