Re: Debian supports pridemonth?

On Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 10:54:08AM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> On 2019/07/02 10:35, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > How about a month of welcoming *all* contributors regardless of their
> > skin color, their sexual orientation, their political viewpoints, their
> > appearance?
> >
> > How about "all is welcome here"?
>
> That's basically our default state, so you could basically say we do
> that every month.

I do feel significantly less welcome in Debian since diversity /
antiharassment / policitcal correctnes / CoC came around the corner.

I do feel that Debian has lost its goal of creating superior technology
for just being the umpteenth organization that cares more about
supporting minorities.

> As for a literal "all is welcome here", that gets more complicated
> because people who go against our ethos aren't welcome here. If someone
> is a bigot and wants to spew out hatred and propaganda on our platforms,
> I'll be one of the first to make a call that they be kicked out.

Amen.

Greetings
Marc