Re: Censorship in Debian

Hi Scott

On 2019/01/04 15:44, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Note that I'm not talking about refusing to republish (I know what that is).
> I'm talking about declining to speak based on concern about disproportionate
> reaction from our leadership/delegates for doing so (I'm also not arguing that
> did or didn't happen in any recent situation - I am trying to see if there is
> some consensus to be found on at least how to talk about it).

Since there were so many replies to your email without actually
answering your question, I decided to indulge.

I think what you're referring to above is self-censorship, I think this
wikipedia page resonates with what you're trying to get across:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-censorship

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage