Re: Planet Debian revisions [and 1 more messages]

Hello,

On Fri 04 Jan 2019 at 03:03pm GMT, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Years later someone who did some bad things when they were much
> younger might reasonably come to us and say "can you please redact
> that unfortunate incident from your public web page - it's ancient
> history now".  We should be able to honour such a request without
> using git-filter-branch.

Exactly.  I understand Ulrike's practical concerns but do not consider
them to outweigh the need to avoid permanency.  Even writing "possible
CoC violation" could hurt someone twenty years down the line.

> Surely we can find a way to make this information transparent in a way
> that makes it easier to expire it ?  Even a dedicated mailing list
> would be better since it would let us expire the archives.

Yes.  The commit message could contain a link to the mailing list
archives, which could be made to 404.

--
Sean Whitton