Re: shutting down httpredir.debian.org?

Le Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 10:53:10AM -0400, anarcat a écrit :

> Can people show specific bug reports they have filed that describe
> problematic behavior?

Hi all,

On my side of the World, httpredir never worked correctly.  Here is an example
showing that despite it detects correclty that I am based in Yokohama, Japan,
I am redirected in Turkey !

IP: 134.160.83.73
AS: 18128
Continent: AS
Country: JP
Region: 19
City: Yokohama

Had you requested a file to /debian/, you would have been sent to one of the following mirrors:

    http://debian.gnu.gen.tr/debian/

Out of a population of: 40 mirrors
Matched by: nearby-continent

In the past, I have been frequently redirected to Korea or Taiwan.  I have let
Raphael know by email but did not open a bug since at that time it was still a
debian.net service.

Also, http.debian.net (at that time) was supposed to redirect Amazon cloud
users to the CloudFront CDN (https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2013/05/msg00066.html),
but in practice it did not work (https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2013/10/msg00044.html)
and it still does not.  Here is what I get from whithin the Japan-based Amazon cloud:

$ GET -e http://http.debian.net/demo/debian/
200 OK
Cache-Control: no-cache
Connection: close