shutting down httpredir.debian.org?

Hi,

we keep getting reports of httpredir.debian.org not working correctly,
such as intermittently just sending errors or redirecting to mirrors
that are out of date.

Only a few of those make it to the BTS, some make it to
mirrors@debian.org, and there are several on various IRC channels.  I
suspect quite a few make it to Raphael, since that's still the contact
point listed on the website (not an email address there, either - just a
link to blogspot).

When there is a response - and there isn't always - it's usually "nobody
currently maintains httpredir, sorry".

So, it appears as if currently nobody has time or the energy to take
care of httpredir.debian.org properly.

I suggest we shut down the service for now.  If, at some future point,
somebody wants to maintain again we can always start it up again.

Opinions?
--
                            |  .''`.       ** Debian **
      Peter Palfrader       | : :' :      The  universal
 https://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System