Re: shutting down httpredir.debian.org?

Hallo! Du (Peter Palfrader) hast geschrieben:

>> Will you make httpredir point to a normal mirror so as not to break
>> systems relying on it? (Or even to the geolocalized DNS entries if we
>> still have that)
>>
>> If yes, then it's certainly a sensible thing to do.
>
>I agree that breaking existing uses (of at least /debian) should be
>avoided, and that, therefore, pointing it to some working system would
>be the way to go.

Many of our pages mention httpredir as prefered service

https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList
https://www.debian.org/mirror/list
https://www.debian.org/mirror/
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianGeoMirror

so if this announcement
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/05/msg00003.html
isn't correct anymore, there should be made a new one.

Cord