Re: Can I still depend on Debian?

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 02:10:49PM -0800, Rhy Thornton wrote:
> More concerning than that is that systemd won't be producing human
> readable log files.  As a full time sysadmin, I'm reading log files

There currently is a bug in Debian where your log messages aren't
working. I forgot details, but IIRC syslog wasn't running anymore after
an updated package. It's a bug. In Jessie you'll have your syslog as
well.

> More concerning still is the hegemony that Red Hat / Gnome people

I'm a GNOME release team member. It would be nice to cut the hate,
thanks.

--
Regards,
Olav