Can I still depend on Debian?

Hello all,

I've been using Debian since the never-ending Sarge freeze.  I've never
really used anything else.  I presently depend on servers running Debian
to pay rent and put food on my table.

The thing is, Debian seems to be self-destructing.  Can you blame me for
wondering if I should upgrade my servers to Jessie when the time comes
or migrate them to another distro entirely?

Please remember that for every every DD filled with angst over the
current state of affairs in Debian, there are many more users, corporate
and small business, who depend on it to keep the cashflow going.  We
need to be able to make concrete plans, and with the present
indeterminate state of Debian, we can't do that.

It doesn't matter what you decide, but if you don't hurry up and do it,
and stick with it, you run the risk of losing a good number of your
commercial and enterprise users, becoming largely a hobbyist
distribution as a result.  I doubt hobbyists contribute much of the
donations, hardware, etc, required to keep the lights on around here.