Re: Code of Conduct violations handling process

On Wed, Sep 03 2014, Steve Langasek wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 09:52:44AM -0700, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
>>         People associated with the FSF or those who feel i sympathy with
>>  them feel offended, I find it somewhat disappointing that we care so
>>  little about people being offensive, given the progress we have made.
>
> This thread is not about whether we care about people being offensive
> (which, btw, is terribly subjective).  This thread is about whether the CoC
> should be used to enforce people *not* being offensive.
>
> And that is a very slippery slope with no bottom in sight.

        Then we should strip language out of the CoC about being
 respectful to people and making attendees feel welcome,  to avoid
 giving a false impression that those things are actually important and
 shall be enforced.

        manoj
--
Hlade's Law: If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person --
they will find an easier way to do it.