Re: Restrictions for TOR connections on Debian IRC channels

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Stuart Prescott wrote:

> We've routinely ended up banning all tor users from many Debian IRC channels
> due to this sort of abuse. The availability of account cloaks on OFTC now
> means that we can permit legitimate tor users easily so I'd support these
> bans becoming standard practice across our channels.

The collateral damage from the #debian ban of Tor users fairly often
asks on #debian-mentors about why they are banned, so I don't think we
should enable the Tor ban on #debian-mentors. It would be great if the
dpkg bot had a factoid explaining this btw.

BTW, is there a way we can auto-expire bans? The #debian-mentors
banlist seems to have a lot of old cruft.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise