Re: mailing list auto subscriptions

On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 10:31:17PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe every new DD or DM should be auto subscribed to -devel, -project and
> -devel-announce (and -private for DDs), best with the usual "someone
> subscribed you for this, please confirm" confirmation mail, not sure how to
> make this reality (as in: how to change DAM procedures), probably by first
> achieving consenus here?! And then?

If the rationale for this is that -devel is a strategic list for Debian
contributors, I'd like to point out that for a non uploading DD,
-devel is mostly useless. Or at least for the kind of non-uploading
work *I* do.
In addition, obviously, to be high volume and quite full of noise: that's
why I'm happily not subscribed ;).
Anyone who freely decide to subject themselves to that kind of noise has my
complete admiration (YKINMKBYKIO), but please let's not make this mandatory.

My two cents,
Francesca

--
"Convince people with results,