Re: Updating the Policy Editors delegation

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>
> > This is all very well but I think de jure they aren't a delegated team,
> > and the distinction is defined in the constitution.  This is not
> > trivially bypassable, because a delegated team is one who derives their
> > powers from the DPL and the constitution limits the powers of the DPL.
>
> I believe that deciding on the mechanisms and machinery whereby the
> project as a whole will work out its technical policy (as opposed to
> disputes over the contents of that policy itself) falls nicely under 5.1.4
> and 5.1.9, particularly the latter.

Agreed, the role of policy editors is to maintain a document. The fact
that it's also uploaded in Debian as a package is just a technicality.

Would ftpmasters stop being a delegated team the day where they package
dak again ? I don't think so.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/