Re: Please update the DSA delegation

]] Charles Plessy

> Le Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 01:35:38AM +0000, Ian Jackson a écrit :
> >
> > But the main point here is that the team should normally be able to
> > manage its membership directly.  That's how these things have often
> > been done (sometimes with no explicit DPL rubber stamp, even).
>
> I think that we need both.  While the DPL is not the best person to bring new
> members to the team, it is the best person to ensure that the team does not
> accumulate too many inactive or barely active members.

No, the DPL is not in a good place to do that.  How is the DPL to know
which of the DSA members who are active and not?

> If membership is fluid, there is no need to keep a title just in case, and I
> would prefer the DPL to be actively questionning memberships each time the
> delegation is renewed.

I would prefer if we could just self-manage and not have even more
process around routine changes.  Debian generally has more than its
share of process already and we should not actively work towards adding
more formalism and red tape.

--
Tollef Fog Heen