Re: Debian companies group

On 05/09/13 10:22, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 08:48:59PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
>> Most importantly, what is the aim of picking a random size limit?
>
> The size limit is not exactly random, but it may be too high or too low.

Great, but what is the aim of that limit?  To encourage debian companies
to take on DDs on evil zero-hour contracts?

[...]
>> At the moment, the debian-companies list feels like a solution to no
>> problem yet occurring and that's partly why it has only 4 members.
>
> Given that debian-consultants doesn't have much traffic at all, I can see other
> reason, too.

Which are?

I suggest one reason may be a lack of interest by the project and that
consultants have moved to discussing debian in other places than the
project lists, such as social media.

There could probably be uses for -consultants if project leaders showed
a fraction of the interest they have in -companies.  -consultants has
400 members, which seems a much better starting point for development
than a list of 4 members.

It feels a bit like the project is lusting after companies who aren't
interested in that way, rather than treating the lovers it knows well.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef), member of www.software.coop, a for-more-than-profit co-op