Debian companies group

Hi,

as you may or may not know there has been talk about starting a communiy of
companies around Debian. I'd like to get things moving now and I believe the
DPL agrees.

Let me start by answering a few questions:

Why?
Companies (may) have different needs and different ideas about what they want
from Debian than other groups that have already been formed. Should we later
find out that this assumption was wrong, the group can simply be merged with
other groups.

How?
There is a mailing list that I'd like to use for first discussions. These
discussions should also help defining the role of this group. The mailing list
right now is not public, but that can be changed if the group decides to. For
the time being I like to keep it closed to help the initial discussion. Some of
the ideas or memberships may not be ripe to go public yet.

Who?
A companies community should only contain companies. We've been struggling for
a while to come up with a reasonable definition of a company. It definitely has
to be related to Debian, so my first idea was to ask for two DDs or one DD and
one DM. But as Zac pointed out that might be too narrow a scope. He instead
suggested to ask for one DD and at least 10 people on staff which I think is a
good and reasonable number. Yes, I know,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-companies/ needs to be adjusted accordingly.

Scope?
I think the scope of this group should be defined by the group itself and thus
would like to encourage all companies to subscribe to said mailing list.

Of course I'm also available for questions and comments.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at gmail dot com