Re: Dealing with ITS abuse

Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> writes:
>> I'm /not/ asking to know who got a "penalty flag" (I don't need to
>> know) -- but I and others /do/ have a need to know if those exist
>> and what they are. The only reason I've been looking at past events
>> was to /infer/ what penalties exist due to a lack of information.
>
> They exist. They are modified as necessary to fit a particular
> situation, and range from warnings to technical restrictions on
> communication to expulsion.

It's already been said, but I think it'd be great if that (and the
proper address to contact) could be mentioned somewhere more
prominently. This is actually the first time I've ever heard about it.
Before this thread, I assumed that in case of problems like the ones
mentioned before, there is simply no-one at all who can be contacted,
and nothing at all that can be done about it.

Best,

   -Nikolaus