Re: Dealing with ITS abuse (Re: [all candidates] Removing or limiting DD rights?)

On Saturday, April 06, 2013 19:55:08, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> thanks for being faithful to our project and bringing up this topic :-S
>
> Chris Knadle wrote:
> >  From the point of view of the bug reporter, the message the DD has sent
> > (whether intended or not) is "I'm not even going to dignify this with a
> > response.  *click* "  It's not /only/ this rudeness that's the problem,
> > though; the bug reporter has now been handed a puzzle of "convice the
> > expert", where the expert needed to be convicned seemingly isn't willing
> > to spend any effort in communicating, but the bug reporter does.  This
> > kind of thing therefore promotes either conflict or the bug reporter
> > walking away in disgust, /either/ result of which is detrimental.  I
> > thus personally consider this to be the first step into "the path of the
> > Dark Side".
> >
> > If we could come up with a reasonable way of handling this particular
> > problem, it would be greatly appreciated.  Do you think emailing
> > owner@bugs.d.o is a good way of dealing with this?
>
> It's not a /good/ way in absolute terms, but it's pretty much the only
> way for now, so I guess it's currently the best way (see
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2011/11/msg00030.html ).

Uh...  I don't understand.  The above suggestions avoiding private email
aliases; I'm not sure I understand where this fits the "rudeness issues" I've
had in the BTS -- the bug reports where it happened are public.

Maybe you can give me a better idea what you're trying to refer to.  ;-)

  -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@coredump.us