Re: Dealing with ITS abuse

On Monday, April 15, 2013 20:44:21, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Apr 2013, Chris Knadle wrote:
> > >
> > > The goal of any communication from owner@ regarding abuse isn't
> > > confrontation, but correction and resumption of communication.

> I should note that owner@ still hasn't been contacted about this
> communication, so if it's still a problem, please do that.

That's correct; these bugs are closed now, but this will be useful information
if this happens again.
Thanks.

> > If from the point of view of the reporter the feedback isn't
> > working, then it begs the question of what the feedback was.
>
> If the behavior doesn't change or improve, reporting it again is the
> appropriate action. You can also always escalate problems to leader@.

... yes.  I appreciate that this exists.
And if I thought this was a solution I wouldn't be discussing this here.

But along these lines I'll just mention the following:

The DPL changes every couple of years, and each DPL likely has their own style
of dealing with this.  Hopefully there are some historic guidelines (and
records of actions) available in this area for the new DPL, or the incumbent
DPL can pass down to the incoming DPL how they dealt with such things before.
The DPL is also likely very busy; I'm wondering if the "DPL helpers" could
help with this if needed.

  -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle