Re: Better visibility of "what can you do with Debian" on the?Debian main page

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:41:49PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:

> Sorry, I think I misunderstood the thread, I thought you wanted to
> redesign the current web views of Debian packages so that it is somehow
> more trendy/modern, but I now realised you only want to find it a
> trendier/more modern name.
>
> I stand corrected.

Ahh, cool provocation. :-)
I admit I changed the topic a bit - sorry for this.

> However, if after finding it a new name you'd like to keep going and add
> things like ratings, comments, tag clouds and whatnot, you can go back
> to my messages in this thread and know where to start :)

I admit there is no reason to wait putting AppStream on the web pages
nowish.

The topic whether we might be able to find some apropriate way to
describe Debian for mere mortals should be moved to a different thread.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de