Re: Estadistical proyect.

Hello,

for the truly interesting statistics with Debian itself we don't
have the data, and we don't want to have it since we don't want
our users to be possibly identified and characterised in some way.

But if you think a bit upstream of Debian, we can definitely need
every minute of yours. With my education-hat on, I suggest that
you have a look at OpenOffice (or kspread or gnumeric to be
politically correct) and then check out its statistical functions.
You will find them basically not to exist and to be absolutely
impossible (well, almost) to set the parameters.

Your master work could identify ways to bring regular spreadsheets
closer to what various statsoft programs are already providing for us.
And then you should implement at least some skeleton of it. You have
some six months, right? If it was easy, then Redmond would have
done something to its hilariously bad corner of Excel.

I'd fancy an integration of R. So maybe you could somehow map the
two suites.

Just an idea. Debian brings software and skills to work with it
to the end users and developers alike. Many of us are also involved
in some upstream project. You could help with manual/tutorial
writing any time, also at the core of Debian, but not for your master thesis.

Many greetings

Steffen (two weeks almost offline)