Re: Switching the default startup method

Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 09:34:42PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:
>>
>> There is no good reason to break non-insserv setups, and it is not hard
>> to allow other configurations to live on - just moving insserv to
>> recommends would do the job! We have supported regular sysv-rc and
>> file-rc for years, why should we just stop now?
>
> "Supported" is rather a strong term for what we've had with file-rc;
> it's never worked well compared to sysv-rc.

Did you file a bug about the things which did not work well in file-rc? I can't
see anything missing in file-rc, it just works well.

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                             Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79