Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
>     + Security fixes prepared for Ubuntu will be (sometimes ?) applicable
>       directly to Debian, which would be a reduction in workload for the
>       Debian Security team. (Or phrased differently: Debian and Ubuntu
>       security teams will be able to prepare security fixes together, for
>       the same frozen versions.)

I doubt the Release Team will accept a new GNOME, KDE, X, and Kernel after the
freeze in December, in which case Debian and Ubuntu LTS won't have the same
major components, since e.g. in the case of GNOME, we would ship the GNOME
released in September, and Ubuntu would ship the one released in March.

So unless we freezed way later, this wouldn't be true AFAICS.

Cheers,
Emilio