Re: Re-thinking Debian membership - take #1: inactivity

On Thu, Jul 23 2009, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:

> Steve Langasek wrote:

>> (Are you referring here to package teams, or infrastructure teams?)
>
> I doubt that packaging teams are a problem here, I'd imagine that
> every DD uploads a package one a year anyway.  But I know that there
> are/will be DDs which do infrastructure stuff only, and rarely upload
> packages. Such DDs should never be regarded as MIA, of course.

        Also people who do translations. Perhaps we can institute other
 sensors/probes that can track such activity? (Committing to a VCS could
 send off a email to a bot recording who did the commit, for example).
 This can detect any activity by a person on a team VCS site, for
 instance.

        Setting up a bot should not be too much work, once we set out
 the format of the structured email received. And an archive of the
 mail, perhaps sorted by the human it is attributed to, can help a human
 auditing the system.

        manoj

--
Life is a yo-yo, and mankind ties knots in the string.