Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

Bernd Zeimetz dijo [Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:55:15PM +0200]:
> > Is that really problem? We need people who take the right decisions (and
> > that includes asking questions when they don't know or are not sure
> > about something), not people who can repeat all our documentation from
> > memory.
>
> 80% or more of the questions are questions about daily tasks, so yes, you're
> supposed to know that from brain. Or you should at least have heard something
> about it, which is another things the NM process is for: educate people.

+1 for this. NM (and later on, AM) led me to learn many things that I
would not have known otherwise, as my work is centered on the things I
am most qualified and competent (and confident) on. But working on
packaging libraries, performing NMUs and similar tasks are really
important to get right, and NM works towards that end.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23