Re: DAM queues processing

Bernd Zeimetz dijo [Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 02:54:17PM +0200]:
> > If there are too many emails, maybe you should reduce the number of
> > emails by reducing the number of questions asked?
>
> No.
> The number of emails rises only if candidates don't answer in a useful way and
> the AM needs to ask back. Otherwise the number of emails is more than low
> enough. Looking at the last good mbox there're 7 mails to read as all the
> questions were answered perfectly. And this is what one should expect as the
> questions are definitely not hard.

As an AM, I actually prefer it the other way around - Of course, I do
not have a FD or DAM hat to wear. But if my applicant's answers are
not _completely_ satisfactory, I first ask him to elaborate
further. And after a round or two, I end up explaining what I know
about the fact. And he usually mails back with some comments regarding
my explanation.

Yes, I have only processed a single applicant so far, and with ~80
mails, I think some people might hate me - but I prefer to be that
verbose on my AM communications.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23