Re: Debian and non-free

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:13:23AM +0200, Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>
>>         I think that dilutes the message that those packages are
>>  non-free, and reduces pressure on the authors to release the
>>  documentation under a free license.
>>
>>         main
>>         non-free
>>               programs
>>               documents
>>               firmware
>>               art-work
>>               games
>
> I prefer a division by reasons (but it would be a lot more complex,
> so probably not feasible):
>
> non-free:
> 	firmware
> 		hardware/software "dilemma"
> 	not-enough-free
> 		trademarks, patents, non-commercial,

<snip interesting list of reasons>

Instead of catagorizing things into simple catagories, why not simply
use some method to tag them. That way you can have more than one reason
and you dont need to figure out what one place to put them.
maybe use the debtags-like stuff with it? tagcoll?
-K
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|