Re: Debian and non-free

"John H. Robinson, IV" <jaqque@debian.org> wrote:
> I like this idea, but without mentioning FSF directly. More entities than
> just the FSF use the GNU FDL for licensing.

I agree.  The FSF also have no "free document definition" or similar
and I believe their position on documents is a convenience measure in
part to help them get manuals published/sponsored by legacy publishers
who would otherwise cut out the manifesto.

[...]
> It would be nice if non-free was a simple umbrella for non-free-*.
> Possibly non-free/documentation and non-free/firmware?

Sounds good to me, as well as leaving the subdivision to the developer.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)