Re: FSF not considering Debian as Free (Re: Debian and non-free)

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:
> > Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> >> [...] the rule that the FSF has about not linking to
> >> any non-free software from their sites, [...]
> > That rule is a myth.
>
> It most certainly is not.  I can attest to that personally, having been
> involved in and followed multiple FSF projects for many years.  It is an
> expectation for all GNU projects.

Expectation and advice, but not a rule and definitely not enforced.
I can attest to that personally for similar reasons.

> > I think it's counter-productive to spend so much time badmouthing the
> > competition, but I'd be happy to see a link from fsf.org to debian that
> > noted we have different views on some aspects of freedom.
>
> I'm not bad-mouthing the competition.  [...]

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that you were.  I meant that I think that
sites like badvista.fsf.org are counter-productive.

Hope that clarifies,
--
MJ Ray (slef)